Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Cleaning!

Welcome to the new improved Cinema OCD. The first thing you'll notice is the new look. Thanks to Kate Gabrielle from Silents and Talkies for designing my new logo. I highly recommend Kate's services as a graphic designer and artist. She was so fast, professional and fun to "work" with that the process was completely painless for me.

The new look is inspired by covers for the great magazine Photoplay from the early 1930s and by film poster art in general. I've always admired the somewhat-trashy, totally-pithy and beautifully-illustrated film magazines of the classic era and I've always hoped to bring that vibe to my blog.

Cinema OCD has been improved content wise as well. I'm going to be phasing out the Media Room, and in doing so, I'll be incorporating all my media room posts into this blog. The media room was originally meant as a place to post overflow (if I'd already posted five times in a month on Barbara Stanwyck and wanted to post some more) or as a place to put book reviews. The overflow has become unnecessary because I've been trying to vary the movies I watch more and book reviews never really materialized. All the old posts are marked with the tag "media room" so if you missed them you can go back and find them here. Spare media will now be posted on my tumblr page.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate sent met a photo of this header a while back and I loved it! Looking forward to the newness!

Anne said...

The quotes around "work" (possibly conspiring wi' a wee bit o' the green beer) led me to read the rest of your paean to Ms Gabrielle as "the process was completely pantsless for me."

Alas. These modern designers are not pre-Code.

Love the new digs, dahling.

Cliff Aliperti said...

Great job, Kate, great taste, Jenny. Love it!

Jennythenipper said...

Anne, were you down at Paddy's day in St. Paul by any chance? I heard it was pretty rawk-us!

And by the way, I always blog pantless. It's just the way I live.

Cliff, thanks. Kate rulez.

SteveQ said...

Just one fly in the ointment: ever see the movie "The Aristocrats?" Now when I visit, I get reminded of the world's dirtiest joke.

Jennythenipper said...

Steve, that can only be a good thing....Or maybe not.!

KC said...

Looks nice! Love the NRA logo :-)

Jennythenipper said...

Thanks KC. I keep waiting to get a cease and desist from the National Rifle Association, but so far we're good to go.

Ladybug said...

Oh gosh, you mean I wasn't supposed to report you to the NRA? My apologies!

Your new look is great. Now will you and Kate start selling full-size, color posters of this to hang at the office and at home? I would put it right next to "We Can Do It!".

It might even edge out Einstein......NOT.

Jennythenipper said...

Thanks Nora. I'll leave that one to Kate as she is the entrepreneur. I am planning a t-shirt so stay tuned on that.

Unknown said...

Hello,

I want to start with thanking for a great blog.

I am launching a new new service, called Linqers, that enables people to
link in motion picture - nevermore do you have to search on the Internet for
information about which movie the actor starred last time! This will
change the way people watch movies.

We are in our start-up phase and need blogs to co-operate with and hope
that you are the one that will follow us on the journey. We are not asking
for any money, just that you spread the word about us and we will make
sure you are linked in every movie that is played with Linqers.

Please look at our website: www.linqers.com for more information or just
email me!

I am hoping to hear from you again!

Best Regards

Adam Carlson
Marketing Manager
adam.carlson@linqers.com
www.linqers.com

SteveQ said...

Pretty much off topic as usual: I broke my one viewing commandment (Thou shalt not watch mediocre movies) and saw "Dames" (1934).

Loved it.

Sally said...

I love the new look!! So neat!!